Saturday, October 4, 2008

Are Hugs OK?

I don't want to start any big political discussions or get people riled up about feminism, but I have figured out what my biggest gripe (of the many I have) with Sarah Palin is. I have a hard time watching her let men hug her. She is supposed to be a professional. I personally feel that handshakes would be more appropriate from one professional to another. Do men think that just because she is a woman they can grope her? Does she think that because she is a woman that she should let them? And one of the foreign leaders she met (finally) commented freely on her looks and she let him. Is that ok? When professional men meet, they shake hands. And they definately don't comment on each other's looks. I imagine it will be hard to get people to respect her when all they see is a pretty face and a potential cheap feel.

No comments: